• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski ATX DCA adaptor which compact camera (1 Viewer)

Dougie

Hi all just looking for people’s expert ice here?
I own a Swarovski ATX 85 coupled with a DCA swing out adaptor; I’m looking to upgrade my Nikon P6000 compact camera as its getting a few faults on it now.
So I’m looking for a compact camera that works with my scope and swing out DCA adaptor
I have considered the Nikon W300 as I like the idea of there’s no external zooming lens that can collide with the ocular of the scope, and the weather protection
Others I have looked at are the Canon GX7 and Sony RX100V and Olympus TG-5
I’m not keen on using my Smartphone with my scope
Thanks for looking and thanks in advance any advice given Regards Dougie

I’m impressed that you’ve persevered with the P6000 for so long Dougie. I loved mine but it hasn’t had a workout for several years now.
Many people have switched to Micro Four Thirds cameras and the Sony Nex series over the last few years. I’ve also used the Sony RX100 series cameras since the first one. They have some downsides though, short battery life, overheating when shooting 4k video and lens retracting when you least expect it (power saving). Good image quality and great video though.
I would look seriously at one of the Micro Four Thirds bodies eg GX8 with the 20 mm lens.
Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back