• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bush Crickets from Montenegro (1 Viewer)

Dave Pearson

Hi,

I photographed these bush crickets in Montenegro in May this year. Can anyone either id them or point me to somewhere where I can id them myself?

Thanks,

Dave.

Attachments

• Cricket1 copy.jpg
    Cricket1 copy.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Cricket2 copy.JPG
    Cricket2 copy.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Cricket3 copy.JPG
    Cricket3 copy.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Cricket4 copy.JPG
    Cricket4 copy.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 48
Hi,

I photographed these bush crickets in Montenegro in May this year. Can anyone either id them or point me to somewhere where I can id them myself?

Thanks,

Dave.

The best identification guides is this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/sauterelles...70618776&sr=8-1&keywords=guide+de+sauterelles

Sadly it is only available in French, and only covers western Europe. What its definition of western Europe is I'm not entirely sure: due to my lack of French!

An English language Orthoptera guide is very high up on my wish list!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back