• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Three new London ticks (1 Viewer)

Pied Flycatcher today in Regent's Park.

Also I heard something with quite an unfamiliar call, loud and soft. Maybe a Crossbill, I don't know.

White-fronted Goose today, at the Diana Memorial, Hyde Park. I'm struggling to find a fieldfare.

Grasshopper Warbler yesterday, again at Darland's Lake. I'm not that confident that I had ever actually seen one before, anywhere. I have a record from when I was at school, but I'm not sure how reliable that was. And if indeed it was the first that I have ever seen, that puts me in what must be the very unusual position (for a British birder at any rate) of having seen MIddendorff's and Long-billed Grasshopper Warblers before Common Grasshopper Warbler.

Not Pallas' ?
Nope. I was once in the Altai mountains at what would have been the right time of year, but probably not the right habitat. And I see there are plenty of winter records from South-east Asia, but I've never connected with it there and it's probably not very conspicuous in winter.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back