• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Frustration @+!!><£% (1 Viewer)

mauricek

How flaming tantalising can birding be?Four fem.Smew have been reported at an Alston res..This is less than a mile from me and I could make it quite easily on my scooter but I couldn't get to the Res. except in a Howdah and we don't have such a service in Longridge.Just can't get the staff you know. I dreamt that I saw them fly over last night but 'twas only a dream.They looked great tho'.Almost as good as the dreams I used to have. ahem !! Never mind.While there's life there's hope

maurice

Well .... CRAP! How *very* frustrating to have them soooo close ... yet soooo far! Need to find someone as keen on birding and you both can set out on your birding adventures.

No Howdah service here either. Just as well though ... I think that would frighten me too much anyway!
:-O

Sorry folks but Howdah is not the thing I had i mind .I meant one of those covered chairs carried by 4 servants for the rich obese and I still can't think of the name
BAZ is right but its not what I meant.Help, I'm confused.com.. I must take a memory tablet.

maurice derrrrr

Sorry folks but Howdah is not the thing I had i mind .I meant one of those covered chairs carried by 4 servants for the rich obese and I still can't think of the name
BAZ is right but its not what I meant.Help, I'm confused.com.. I must take a memory tablet.

maurice derrrrr

LOL! How posh is that?!?!? Must have young maidens fanning you with palm fronds too! :t:

That's right Paul A SEDAN CHAIR.It sprang to mind just a few minutes ago when I wasn't even thinking about it.The memory tablet worked!!!
Life must have a laugh now and then.

maurice wonder why I get more replies when I'm wrong???

Last edited:
I vote we all have a whip round and get Maurice a Sedan Chair. I volunteer to be Official Photographer!

Shame about the smew, Maurice.

I vote we all have a whip round and get Maurice a Sedan Chair. I volunteer to be Official Photographer!

Shame about the smew, Maurice.

Rumour has it that Maurice would be happy to forgo the sedan chair and have the four maidens that Lydia mentions, cooling him down instead!:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back