• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sony w5,what settings? (1 Viewer)

wee kayso

im a bit new to digiscoping and would like to know how to work my camera settings to get a better picture,dont have a clue about ISO,my camera goes to 400...dont know about VGA,VE, FOCUS,this is all alien to me,ive had some not bad digi-pics but most are for the bin,also is my camera suitable for digi-scoping

Hi,

I have found that the Sony W5 is an excellent digiscoping camera. I use ISO 200, EV at -0.3, spot metering and focus if the subject is backlit, or the Auto setting if evenly lit. However, I would respectfully suggest that you take the trouble to learn the basics of digital photography before getting better images from digiscoping (which is one of the harder things to do successfully) - then you will have a better understanding of the things you mention (ISO, focus etc.), and it will help you take better pictures and more keepers. There are plenty of books that you get if you need them, and it always helps to read the camera manual and try things out on the camera, then take lots of practise shots at different settings.

Good luck!

Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back