• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DMC LZ30 - bridge too far ? (1 Viewer)

Mr Hornblower

Anyone bought one or used one ? Seems to have a very good wright up and improved sensors for low light conditions - it's just the price being below £200 that's making me a bit dubious. I have always been impressed with Lumix & their use of Leica lenses and was waiting for them to take out a longer reaching lens, but at what cost to picture quality when used at the more testing end of conditions ie. birds in flight, low light, bright light etc.

Anyone bought one or used one ? Seems to have a very good wright up and improved sensors for low light conditions - it's just the price being below £200 that's making me a bit dubious. I have always been impressed with Lumix & their use of Leica lenses and was waiting for them to take out a longer reaching lens, but at what cost to picture quality when used at the more testing end of conditions ie. birds in flight, low light, bright light etc.
Without viewfinder, it's going to be very hard to find and properly expose any bird, IMO. It seems that FZ200 is only Panasonic's superzoom suitable for birding available now, though I'm not sure that I would give ~600$ for a camera with 1/2" sensor and fixed lens (G5 with four thirds sensor is only 400$ at the moment - without telephoto lens, of course).

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back