• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

No more classic dialyt 8x56 (1 Viewer)

jan van daalen

I am sorry to announce that de 8x56 classic is no longer with us.
This icon was born under the Zeiss flag in 1965 (original it is a Hensoldt design) and died 50 years later.
For those who want a permanent (collectors) rememberance:
Zeiss offers a limited 250 samples edition, with certificate, in a wooden box and hard brow leather case for the price of 2.500,00 euro's.

Jan

Last edited:
Thought I would have a quick look at a well known second hand site. A couple for sale including one with Hensoldt Wetzlar logo. Seems cheap (less than £300). There is a scratch on a lens but still a bargain. Not sure about the 6 digit serial number or the age. Interesting item.

I am sorry to announce that de 8x56 classic is no longer with us.
This icon was born under the Zeiss flag in 1965 (original it is a Hensoldt design) and died 50 years later.
For those who want a permanent (collectors) rememberance:
Zeiss offers a limited 250 samples edition, with certificate, in a wooden box and hard brow leather case for the price of 2.500,00 euro's.

Jan

Jan

Is this a GA rubber-armoured version and not covered in fau Ostrich skin or similar?

Lee

That's bad news. I am the proud possessor of his little brother (or sister), the 7x42 BGATP.

Where did you get this news? From the official page of the Zeiss factory?

That's bad news. I am the proud possessor of his little brother (or sister), the 7x42 BGATP.

Where did you get this news? From the official page of the Zeiss factory?

No, they were presented on the IWA. I was on the Zeiss stand round noon and got nr. 190. Interested customers can order them at every Zeiss dealer worldwide as long as stock permits.

I recommended to offer the twins in the box; the classic 56 and the 7x42, for this occasion.

:C:C:C:C:C

Jan

1100 Euros for a wooden box and a case,
that is pretty hefty...right?
:smoke:

That's one way to look at it, but 2.500,00 minus 1.925,00 (normal Zeiss price) = 575,00 euro minus 179,00 (normal price for Zeiss hardleather box) = 396,00 euro extra for a collectors item in a wooden box;)

Jan.

That's one way to look at it, but 2.500,00 minus 1.925,00 (normal Zeiss price) = 575,00 euro minus 179,00 (normal price for Zeiss hardleather box) = 396,00 euro extra for a collectors item in a wooden box;)

Jan.

the 8x56 is 1400 Euros here, from what I can see,
thats why I thought it was a bit hefty...

Has this Dialyt been updated with Zeiss's latest and greatest T coatings? Any glass improvement over the earlier versions?

No, it is the standard version with the latest and greatest T coatings like the 2015 models.
They are now no longer present in the 2016 Zeiss cataloge.
Just the 7x50 is left.

Jan

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back