• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

It's a Long Shot (1 Viewer)

ScottishBirder

THE HUNGRY BIRDER
Hi all, I am visiting California in June for four days to start my USA road trip. I was wondering if anyone could tell me any good spots near Golden Gate Bridge or Hollywood to do a spot of birding early morning.
Also if any one could be kind enough to tell me what I am likely to see in June around and about I would appreciate it allot. o:D

Presidio is supposed to have some good birding. Until recently a US Military post it is now part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area.

June can be tough, it can also be very good. With this drought and mild winter bird numbers are about half of what they were at this time this year. At least looking through my last couple of years of records.

There are a lot of places in LA county for early morning, even close to
Hollywood. Any target species or just a "whatever you can get" moment.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back