• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Golden Eagles in California (1 Viewer)

Hi there,

I am planning to visit California next year and was wondering where the best places to see golden eagles are. I've read that southern Alameda County may be the best general area but I'm having great difficulty in finding precise spots.

If anyone has any ideas on where may be the best locations and the best time of year to visit I would be incredibly grateful!

San Jacinto Wildlife Area is a pretty reliable location for Golden Eagles. I didn't see any on my trip in November, but I have every other time I've gone.

I sent your question to a friend who is a raptor biologist from California. His response -

"Best place for goea in ca is the bay area region. Coyote valley, Ed Levin county park, marsh road, calaveras road and panoche valley".

Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back