• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cardinals (1 Viewer)

GMargBirdlover

Good morning
I am new to this site and hope I am posting this correctly. Hello to everyone.
Sadly our female cardinal died after hitting a window. The male cardinal sang from the treetops for 10 days and seems to have now left the area, probably looking for a new mate. It is April now and prime breeding season. It breaks my heart that they made it through a cold, nasty winter to die this way. I hope to see the male return with a new mate.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your Cardinal ;(

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi GMargBirdlover and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

It's always very sad to lose a creature you've been watching for so long. I used to see a Kestrel hunting every day when I drove to work and was devastated to see it lying dead in the road one morning.

Sorry to hear about your cardinal. Watching them raise their young is always fun.
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits. Sorry to hear about the bird strike.

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone.
I am a wildlife lover, especially the birds. My husband says I get too involved but I cant help it. I love watching the birds now that I am retired. It definitely is a hobby for me.
I have been trying to keep the starlings out of our nuthatch house. Oh brother, this is a full time job!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back