• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden tick (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
I've been trapping at my place in Nottingham for 15 years now and every year, I ponder if this will be my first tickless year.

Well it won't be this year after this beauty dropped in, can't believe it's taken so long to get one.

Attachments

• rsz_20190608_142728.jpg
    rsz_20190608_142728.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 44
If ever there was a gift that kept on giving, moth-ing is surely it! I'm spending my third summer at a site in north-east Cornwall where I trapped intensively in 2017. I'm not running a trap this year but I've already picked up a dozen new macro species just in the porch lights out front including a couple of crackers like Great Prominent, Engrailed and Mottled Beauty.

I'll miss Russia for mothing.

Our location amidst damp heath, ensured an array of habitat specific species that are very tough to see in the UK.

Can you believe I got another last night!

Definitely a different insect, no damage to the left wing.

I’ve only ever had one in c15 years of trapping!, adjacent to ride and broad-leaved woodland, as an aside andy do you get White Prominent at your Russian address?

Cheers

I’ve only ever had one in c15 years of trapping!, adjacent to ride and broad-leaved woodland, as an aside andy do you get White Prominent at your Russian address?

Cheers

Very sadly no Ken.

We're surreounded by Birch but much of it is set amidst swamp forest which I think, has an effect on some species, especially those whose pupae, winter underground as here.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back