• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Uh, mmm...Hi! My name is Caron..and I birdwatch (1 Viewer)

Caron

Birdwatcher Newbie..:)
Hey y'all. Im here in the most southern point of Canada and we recently moved from the concrete jungle out here to nature..:) Im an artist by trade and have a magnificent view from the studio to the great outdoors that seems to distract me with all the activity...lol In the city we...sparrow and sparrows and more sparrows so forgive me if I get a tad excited about what seems to be very common birds here. My feeders are alive with goldfinches by the gazillions, Red Breasted Nuthatches, White breasted Nuthatches, Chickadees, Downy Woodpeckers, Northern Flickers, Dark Eyed Juncos, Pine Siskins, Mourning Doves, cardinals and Blue Jays...whew! Ive even caught a glimpse of a Pileated Woodpecker a few weeks ago and it was magnificient!! I have taken some pics of some nests that have fallen out of the trees here the past couple of weeks and hope to upload them for some help in identifying them..:0
Great to be here and I hope to learn lots from all of you birders and making some new friends...:)

Hi,Caron welcome to BF.You are able to show any of your paintings/graphics/artwork in the gallery if you wish.

Thank you all for quick warm welcome! I just may head over to the gallery and take a look-see...:)
I am excited to get to know all of you and learn tons!! My feathered friends here will be grateful...:)

Hi Caron from another former concrete jungler ;)

Sounds like you have an awesome view of the feathered friends and look forward to hearing more about them.

Hello from the northern end of the province! :) Welcome to this fabulous place. I'm sure you'll learn all you could ever want from the fine people here. Enjoy!

Thanks Kc and Tammie..:) Great to be out of the jungle isnt it! Tammie, you must be into snow now?

Caron said:
Thanks Kc and Tammie..:) Great to be out of the jungle isnt it! Tammie, you must be into snow now?

Yup but not much just yet. We only have about 6" but it's been mighty cold this December! Until today that is. Last week, we were hitting -30... today it was only -1.... go figure!

Tammie said:
Last week, we were hitting -30... today it was only -1.... go figure!
Ouch! We havent been near that here yet and yesturday was a balmy 11! Day before tho it did snow some with freezing rain and my! The restaurant feeders were lined up!!

Hi Caron.

Beautiful art on your website (do I detect a Johnny Depp fascination? ;) )
Fantastic work. I love the cats.

Caron,
You have some beautiful work on your website. Like Kes, I strongly suspect you 'like' Johnny Depp and maybe cats too?? ;)

Kes said:
Hi Caron.

Beautiful art on your website (do I detect a Johnny Depp fascination? ;) )
Fantastic work. I love the cats.

Thanks for the warm wlecomes and the compliments...:)
Ha! Johnny Depp..well what I can say..he was voted sexiest man alive and IS eye candy...;) With the release of Pirates, my clients wanted more and more drawings of him...hmmm, so did my daughter for that matter
:h?:
The cats.....yes they too are a big seller...it is surprising how many cat lovers there are out there..not to mention I do have 8 of the furkids myself...:) No worries...all indoor...

Last edited:
You know what Caron? I actually don't have my feeders out yet!!! I'm waiting till I get home from College...and Johnny Depp...love him!!...I love my cats, but sometimes I have to remind them that the birdfeeders are off limits! I'm gonna go check out your site!! This year there seems to be more Siskins eh? I love it when the winter finches come to visit!!

Marianne Reid said:
You know what Caron? I actually don't have my feeders out yet!!! I'm waiting till I get home from College...and Johnny Depp...love him!!...I love my cats, but sometimes I have to remind them that the birdfeeders are off limits! I'm gonna go check out your site!! This year there seems to be more Siskins eh? I love it when the winter finches come to visit!!

I put my feeders out about a month and a half ago and begun getting the Juncos and the Goldfinches after about 3 weeks. Now I have the WB nuthatch and RB nuthatches as well as chicks and woodpeckers. Just recently the siskins started and today I actually had more of them then anything else. Since Im new to birdwatching, it actually took me a bit to realize that they were not the goldfinches! Oh and redpolls too have been visiting this week in greater numbers..

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back