• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two sets of drunks & a dead Capercaillie (1 Viewer)

Thank you, fugl
Missed that earlier.

Two gentlemen responsible, I hope, are headed towards round 2 of punishment.

I was logged into the Times earlier.
On our domestic {US} front, I read two articles.
The endangered species act is about to be drastically rolled back.
The EPA has reversed itself, and is allowing the use of cyanide bombs for predator control, by ranchers mostly.

Nature is under assault throughout the world.
Either by people full of beer, and ignorance,
or people in the white house, full of themselves and greed.

Thank you, fugl
Missed that earlier.

Two gentlemen responsible, I hope, are headed towards round 2 of punishment.

I was logged into the Times earlier.
On our domestic {US} front, I read two articles.
The endangered species act is about to be drastically rolled back.
The EPA has reversed itself, and is allowing the use of cyanide bombs for predator control, by ranchers mostly.

Nature is under assault throughout the world.
Either by people full of beer, and ignorance,
or people in the white house, full of themselves and greed.

Never a truer word said. What really concerns and grieves me is the last 5 words of your post. This is basically at the core of tjhe problem. for far too long now we have, as a species, raped the natural world for our own ends, and when nature gets in the way we simply ignore it, bulldoze over it or worse, deliberately set out to eradicate it. The number of plannig approvals that simply ignore endangered species and habitat destruction never seems to abate despite objections and pressure from conservationists. Raptor persecution is seemingly unstoppable. It seems money talks and those with it have friends in high places.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back