• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Venus Pool ... nr. Shrewsbury . (1 Viewer)

Yes !! After quite an extensive search finally saw the juv. Black-necked Grebe !!
And as if by way of reward for our hour-long search we we're also granted brilliant views of Osprey ! Watched it for a good few minutes , eventually it dived onto the near-by trout pool and was successful with it's first dive & flew off with it's prize ! Brilliant and spectacular bird !
Also saw Peregrine , Little Egret , Redshank , Curlew , Common Sandpiper & Gadwall !

Andrew said:
Great stuff, I wish I saw the Osprey suceed in getting a fish off the Exe.

If ever your travels bring you up to Shropshire Andrew , I'll be more than happy to show you around and if we're lucky , Osprey are quite regular migrants at VP and are seen quite regulary successfully catching fish !

Best time for Osprey @ VP is certainly morning , between 7 & 8 am , I'd say . Good luck on seeing one catch a fish on the Exe ! Talk to again soon mate ! ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back