• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What would be the best way to market my bird houses? (1 Viewer)

One of our local Boot sale sites has a regular who makes and sells Bird houses/Tables and seems to be doing a reasonable trade.

Stranger said:
One of our local Boot sale sites has a regular who makes and sells Bird houses/Tables and seems to be doing a reasonable trade.

Keep a 'set' going on eBay.

Samri_White said:
I make bird houses at home, and I need a good inexpensive way to market them to people that will pay what its worth. Any idea?

Craft fairs? Christmas Bazaars? Summer Fetes? Leaflet dropping? Adverts in local shop windows?

Marketing

Hi Samri_White,
First, get a degree in marketing!
Also - Do a simple web site with a good domain name (available for about £6.50 for two years from SIMPLY.COM) with photos and submit to all the main SE
Try a local leaflet drop, and note all the other good ideas from BF members.
In any event, it takes time and hard work these days.
And VERY important - know you market!
Generally, the response you get from a particular medium is what you will always get from it - so if it don't work after a few trys, don't bother with it!

Good luck,

madmike

Samri_White said:
What was one of those boot sites that the person sells them on?

two nations divided by a common language.

a car boot sale is an organised event where a group of people go to a big field and sell stuff out of the boot of their car. Boot = Trunk i think.

Samri_White said:
What was one of those boot sites that the person sells them on?

I think the idea originated in the USA,It`s where people who want to sell unwanted household items and the like,load them into their cars.drive to a pre-arranged venue and set up a stall.they are very popular in this country and you can find all manner of goods for sale.

Stranger said:
I think the idea originated in the USA,It`s where people who want to sell unwanted household items and the like,load them into their cars.drive to a pre-arranged venue and set up a stall.they are very popular in this country and you can find all manner of goods for sale.

I think this has evolved into Flea Markets.

Marketing

Hi again Samri_White,
One other thing you may be able to do is produce a press release. Over here in the UK, if you have a new 'interesting' product, you can send in a short article and photo about it to the press and trade magazines.
They will then, with luck, publish the story for free.
You also need to study the existing market and try to offer something a bit different.
When doing any advertising it can pay to include an offer such as 10% discount with a copy of the advert or whatever.

Godd luck,

madmike :clap:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back