• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

One for the crossword or pub quiz buffs (1 Viewer)

1 Crude immediately made me think rustic, and I only know the Rustic Bunting, but don't know why the bunting part would be relevant...?

8 Barred warbler...?

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

Ian, loco = short for locomotive, Mallard set the speed record for a steam powered locomotive at 126 mph in 1938!

Gwynn I liked Nightingale!

Thanks all for taking part!

Chris

Cheers Chris. Mallard was driving me nuts! Was doing endless anagrams of "train" with LP, EP or SP thrown in (a record that is broken)...!

1 Crude immediately made me think rustic, and I only know the Rustic Bunting, but don't know why the bunting part would be relevant...?

I knew you were right first time. That was the only one I got straight away which just shows what sort of mind I must have!

Blimey what have I started. Been away on holibobs and you lot have gone mad. Must say though some of these are a lot more twisted than the ones I came up with. Have to get the thinking cap on big time.

Here's one that I saw on holiday for you (I wont say where I went as it might be a clue)

1) hacking around a rough end perhaps?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back