• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Woodgate Valley CP & Quinton Meadows (1 Viewer)

I always check Woodgate just in case for a KF. There was a Little Egret, probably the same one that's been on the Bourn Brook for a few months now. There was a Heron, probably the same one I've seen further along the Bourn Brook. Also of note they have got rid of all but one of the weirs along the brook. I'm told it's to improve water quality. They are working on a new footpath on one side of the brook. Just as I finished the circuit, I heard the possible call of a Kingfisher but I didn't see it.

The new cycle path is now complete along Woodgate Valley.
It was good to find Swallows over the horse paddock and then several Swift over the brook with even more Swallows as it started to rain.
Then there were more Swallows over the paddock when I finished my run.
Plenty of tits, LLTs and a Nuthatch feeding.
Some KF size fish in the brook.

Last edited:
I knew it was time to check. In one of the old spots, a Kingfisher sat over the brook at Woodgate Valley. It was from the dual carriageway just after the second bridge & could only have been seen from the mud track.

I bumped into Kate today along the Bourn Brook walkway. She saw a Kingfisher along the Bourn Brook at Woodgate Valley last December.

Woodgate Valley; seen the Kingfisher twice this week.
A few Jays calling & seen. A Buzzard flew low flying from a tree, chased by a couple magpies.

2 Little Egret's along the Bourne. Seemed to have taken flight from the Walkway on the other side of Northfield Road, flying very low west along the the route of the Brook between Northfield Road and West Boulevard. Not seen to land but may be anywhere along that stretch or the Valley.

2 Little Egret's along the Bourne. Seemed to have taken flight from the Walkway on the other side of Northfield Road, flying very low west along the the route of the Brook between Northfield Road and West Boulevard. Not seen to land but may be anywhere along that stretch or the Valley.
Yeah Little Egret this morning along the Bourn Brook walkway. The most I have seen is 4 together along this stretch. They would fly in together. Good to see a Whitethroat flight display at Woodgate Valley.

I heard the Woodgate Valley Cuckoo yesterday. Quite a surprise to hear one in Woodgate. A walker told me a few weeks back & I saw reports on birdtrack. It was exactly where they said as well. Just behind flight displaying White Throats. Elsewhere Willow Warbler, Swifts & Swallows.
Hi Paul, I had a look for Yellow Wagtails but didn't see any. Guess they might be distant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back