• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trittiford mill pond and the dingles bird sightings (2 Viewers)

Thanks Des, was that a one-off or have you seen them there in the past two years also. I'm not brilliant at identifying skippers but I'll keep a look out over the next week or so.

Just remembered that my only record of clouded yellow along the river was at Burbury (many years ago, probably 1995 or '96)

Cheers, John

Thanks Des, was that a one-off or have you seen them there in the past two years also. I'm not brilliant at identifying skippers but I'll keep a look out over the next week or so.

Just remembered that my only record of clouded yellow along the river was at Burbury (many years ago, probably 1995 or '96)

Cheers, John

Essex have been at Burbury for the past two years which probably means that they have been there longer. I photograph the skippers to make sure I can see the underside of the antenna, although the short, straight scent line on the upper wings is a good diagnostic feature.

Des.

Last edited:
I don't live far from Trittiford Mill pool and this morning, whilst i was at work, my wife saw a Kingfisher in our garden. First time that's happened to my knowledge.

I don't live far from Trittiford Mill pool and this morning, whilst i was at work, my wife saw a Kingfisher in our garden. First time that's happened to my knowledge.

Nice one Rob, I often wondered if any gardens near Kingfisher locations get a visit from one. I once had one fly through my garden. I just saw the flash of blue. It didn't stop.

I've checked the River Cole a few times but not seen a Kingfisher in the past few months. This morning I stopped at Sarehole Mill, I disturbed a Heron and then heard the Kingfisher. I then saw it fly a few times up and down the river at the back of Sarehole Mill. Great!!

Last edited:
Thanks Des, I walked round on Tuesday and was no sign but could of been hiding on one of the islands.
There was 2 Goosanders on Old Mill Pond on Tuesday :)

Thanks Des, I walked round on Tuesday and was no sign but could of been hiding on one of the islands.
There was 2 Goosanders on Old Mill Pond on Tuesday :)

The Mandarin was very well hidden when I saw it with a few Mallard and easily missed.

Des.

Lol I remember when i had my first ever one there a couple of years ago, I was like a child at xmas time, just amazing how many there are now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back