• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which is best free Google Earth version ? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
On my old laptop I found that one of the older versions was much easier to use than (what was at the time) the latest version.
Now I have the new laptop is that still the case or should I simply download what is offered ?

For a new installation, I don't think you have a choice, there will be only the latest version available for download.

Not a problem though, I don't think the main features of GE have changed a lot in the last years, and I don't find it difficult to use (unlike google maps, which was considerably changed some time ago and seems much slower now on my computer)

For a new installation, I don't think you have a choice, there will be only the latest version available for download.

Not a problem though, I don't think the main features of GE have changed a lot in the last years, and I don't find it difficult to use (unlike google maps, which was considerably changed some time ago and seems much slower now on my computer)

Do you know if I have to have Google Chrome for GE ??
When I looked at one download it told me I did............I've not tried again.

Hi David. I don't think that you need Chrome to run GE. But it is possible that they make you download and install Chrome alongside with GE. If you don't like Chrome, you can either just no use it or unstall it later.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back