• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

IE 11 issues (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
Since I trialled Win 10 (then went back to 7) I'm getting regular and annoying closures of web pages.

It usually happens when I revisit a window I already have open and the on screen message will say 'IE explorer has stopped working'

After this I'll get another message that says 'an unknown error occurred caused windows to close and reopen this page'.....any ideas anyone?

I also have a very odd issue with attachments, if I attach a link or document to an e-mail, my keyboard gets disabled so I can't type and I have to restart my comp? I can navigate as normal but no keyboard?

My local shop who do all my repairs and servicing insist that this situation is unique to me in both instances?

Andy

Last edited:
If you have not already done so, I would re-install IE (or switch to e.g., firefox or opera)

Niels

Will try that Shane although it states

'you should only do this if your browser is in an unusable state'

thanks, Andy

Last edited:
I don't often use IE, but opened it last night to view something in Birdforum. Usually, Birdforum.net comes up as an option as I start typing, but it didn't.

However, when I finished typing and clicked on search, it was the top option, but when I clicked on it I just kept getting the message "The page cannot be displayed".

Obviously something not right with IE 11. I'm still using Windows 8.1. Not dared try Win 10 yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back