• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unable to load photos windows 10 (1 Viewer)

eddy the eagle

I am not computer literate and I have just updated to Windows 10.I loaded my SD card as usual into my laptop and nothing has happened.Can any of you very nice people out there give me some much appreciated advice as to how I can load my photos.Thank you ....Eddy

Hi Eddy... this is so what I was afraid of happening, which is one of the reasons why I've not risked W10. The same thing happened to me with W8!!

If your card is still in the slot, have a look at what Drives are available. If there is an extra one, it will be the pictures. Click on it and open it. Hopefully your pictures are there. Then copy them (or the folder) to your C: D: or whatever drive you want them to go to.

I don't have a technical brain and haven't seen what W10 looks like.

Alternatively, if you have another 'puter available. Download them on to it, then copy them to an external drive. Hopefully someone will tell you how to sort your computer to work the way it should.

Thank you Delia I wish I had never downloaded Windows 10 it has been nothing but trouble and I am not technical enough to be able to sort it,maybe someone else has had this problem and can help me.Otherwise I will try to go back to Windows 7.....Eddy

Thank you Andrew I don't know how I did it but went into SDXC drive and eventually uploaded my photos and was able to edit etc.Once again thank you......Eddy

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back