• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello + Lens Cap Solution for Zeiss Terra ED 8X25 (1 Viewer)

amguttman

Greetings from Alan in Charm City (aka Baltimore). Very amateur birder. More than amateur astronomer. Fan of optical toys. Speaking of which, I received for my birthday and thoroughly enjoy a pair of Zeiss Terra ED 8X25 binoculars and of course was wondering, what, no lens caps? Anyway, I posted this to a thread on this topic:

SOLVED: Lens Cap Solution for Zeiss Terra ED 8X25
As I wanted to be sure that I could still fold/close my Zeiss Terra ED 8X25 binoculars to the smallest size - and connected lens covers might now allow them to fully close, I found 4 individual slip-on lens caps from KaiserFototechnik https://kaiserfotous.com/ (you can also find them on Amazon). Here are the sizes:

32mm: for the eyepieces/occular lens (i.e. the end you look into)
36mm: for the objective lens

The two 32mm fit snugly onto the eyepieces (33mm might work, but the 32mm will not fall off)

The two 36mm fit like a glove onto the objective lens

I think this is the best solution.

Last edited:
Hi amguttman and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the Binocular forum and subscribed you to the thread so that you can find it easily. You will receive an email with a link to click on which will bring you straight here.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Dear Delia,
Thanks. I hope you and your family are all safe and healthy. That's very kind of you. I think I probably posted my Zeiss lens cover solution already in the Binocular forum. Should I post my "hello" again, on a different board? I think I may have posted in the wrong place. Yeah, rookie error.
Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back