• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Plants to attract birds high up? (1 Viewer)

Maarten90

Hi!

We live on the 19th floor with a 'french balcony' (doors opening up to a balcony fence but no actual balcony). We know we probably won't attract many birds, if any, at this height. Nevertheless we'd like to try and see if we can get some up here.

I bought a balcony box in which I plan to plant some plants which attract birds (through their berries, seeds or the insects they attract). Maybe we need self-pollinating plants because not many bees might make it up here.

The space in the balcony box is limited. We plan to attach some type of small bird feeder to the box.

Does anyone have any ideas which types of plants would help us attract birds? Preferably something low maintenance and nice to look at.

Thanks a lot!

I think the problem is going to be the wind. There are not many plants which will like being at that height.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back