• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2008 Photo Competition Categories (1 Viewer)

IanF

2008 Photo Competition Categories

Jan - Anything Goes
Feb - Humorous Bird Photo
Mar - Monochrome Birds
Apr - Perched Bird
May - Birds and Water
Jun - The Animal Kingdom
Jul - Camouflaged Bird
Aug - Birds in Flight
Sep - Insects
Oct - Digiscoped Birds
Nov - Birds and people
Dec - Holiday Card

The list is subject to amendment in particular in respect of themes being nominated as prize competitions which will periodically appear.

Detailed descriptions of the theme will appear at the beginning of each month.

Hi Ian,
will there be any limit on when the pictures are taken? Within a year, or within the calendar year? Thanks.

Hi Ian,
will there be any limit on when the pictures are taken? Within a year, or within the calendar year? Thanks.

Rules can vary slightly between the monthly themes but for the most part the entry must usually have been taken within 12 months prior to the closing date for that particular competition.

Full details of the rules that apply are given when each competition is posted.

I think I'm being very dim, but can't seem to find my way around and discover how to upload a competition entry. I don't have a gallery - does this mean I can't enter? After clicking on the Monthly Photo Competions Gallery link I seem to lose my way. Can someone explain to a novice please?

Hi Amelia

When you go into the Gallery, click on the Upload Photo button (top right with the camera)

When you've uploaded your picture, select the Monthly Competition from the drop-down Categories box (near the bottom of the list)

Hope this helps

D

Could you please clarify "digiscoped birds"?

This theme is aimed at those birders using their birding telescopes in conjunction with a camera to take photos of birds e.g. Leica scope+Canon A95 compact camera.

Bird Forum has always had a strong connection with digiscoping though with DSLR's now more widely available more people have moved into photography with camera and lens combinations.

Depending on number of entries this time around it may be the last time we run a dedicated digiscoping theme.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back