• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northern Wheatear (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Discussion thread for Northern Wheatear.

I was editing the range for this species, and I figured out I know very little about the Asian and Alaskan part of its range. Where do the birds breed in Asia, and where do both of these populations go for wintering? Are even Alaskan birds migrating to Africa? (I did look up that is does not seem to go to India).

thanks
Niels

Last edited:
Hi Nils,

Yes, they do. It's an amazing thing that birds of Greenland migrate to Europe and Africa and birds of Alaska over Siberia to Europe and Africa.

André

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back