• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photo Editing Programs (1 Viewer)

How's it going Tammie. Are you having some success with any of these programmes. Try and do a before and after shot once you have gotten used to the program you like most. Let us all see what has come out of this thread.

Will do John, when I have some time. Don't know when that will be. My mother is ill in the hospital and we travel every second weekend to visit her for 4 days..... it's a 13 hour drive one way. This has been going on now since the end of January. But, I will do my best! :)

yes sorry I spelt it wrong. If you have that is it not good enough? Irfanview. I myself use photoshop and ACDSEE and zoombrowser 4.0
I guess it depends how many changes one wants to make to a photo. I love photoshop but it is an expensive investment.
Good luck with your mother. regards Fredy Ross

Sorry to hear of your Mom Tammie. I hope everything turns out fine for her. I think that I can speak for the rest of the forum when I say that we all wish her well and that hopefully she will soon be on the road to recovery.

Thanks so much for the best wishes. Unfortunately, with a burst aneurysm and stroke at the young age of 59, recovery will be very slow. We have been seeing some really good progress the past week or so though so we have some hope.

Fredy,
Yes, I like Irfanview very much. I just wanted to try other programs to see if anything better was out there but I just keep going back to Irfanview. Seems to be the best one for what I want to do.
Thanks for the best wishes. I appreciate it.

Tammie,

I've attached 'the gimp' windows download if you want to try it. You need to install the runtime libraries first (gtk.exe) then you can install gimp.exe.

*link deleted*

I'll leave it up for about a week, but you can download from http://www.gimp.org

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back