• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

US-Army WWII glasses code identification (1 Viewer)

Thanks for links and pictures. yes, mine is therfore a true A1, has the original A1 eycups as seen right in the picture...

I still have not figured out if there is a way for me to relubricate the eyepieces with minimal work.

Do I have just to remove the screw in the picture and them loosen the ring with the number on it?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 47
Yes, remove the small screw then unscrew and remove the ring with a number on it. Then the focus ring with diopter scaled is simply pulled off. I believe you will then see an aluminum or brass ring screwed into the top of the ocular tube. Unscrew and remove this ring. Then the eyepiece cel can be unscrewed and removed from the ocular tube for cleaning and relubricating the threading, but when unscrewing the eyepiece just before it comes free from the ocular tube make a small witness mark on it so that when you reinsert it into the ocular tube after cleaning you'll be able to put it back in the exact same location it came out.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back