• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

unknown bird (1 Viewer)

hummingbird2

Had this slightly longer bird, black and gray thought was a hummingbird because it was at the feeder several times drinking. It has the fast moving wings too! I know wasn't the best thing to do taking pity on a nursing wild cat at the dumpsters, but I put a little fish treat out for her, and well this small bird mentioned attacked the cats and took the fish. I went to hummingbird i.d. to figure out what kind it was and it wasn't in any of the id pictures from around the northwest including other places like mexico. Could this be other than a hummingbird? Do hummingbirds eat fish?

The reason I ask is because noticed hummingbirds are a lot like bees, they will when trying to ward off something, cause their wings to make this noise, like bees do making a warning fly by sound. This bird didn't seem to make that noise.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back