• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Poo on doormat (1 Viewer)

mark clements

I went out, and the doormat was clear....
I came back and this was on it (about 12 hrs between).
We do get about 10 R-L Partridges and a couple of pheasants among our regular visitors, but have NEVER seen this kind of thing before.
My initial thought was one of compassion for the bird, if it was only one (with a nod to Nutcracker in 2005 on a similar post, but the picture had gone, but someone then suggested a snake!).
If it was more than one why did they group together and pile it up?
Any (kind of polite) answers welcomed :eek!:
Thanks
Harry

Attachments

• 2018 03 09 Bird droppings on doormat 1.jpg
    2018 03 09 Bird droppings on doormat 1.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 2018 03 09 Bird droppings on doormat 2.jpg
    2018 03 09 Bird droppings on doormat 2.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 24
they like you Harry, see you watching them out the window and look back in themselves when you are out. they are trying to communicate with the apemen and what else do they have to offer as a gift? maybe they also see the plants on the windowsill could do with a feed.

could just be a neighbour's chooks sheltered in your porch for a while?
or the courier left four sacks of birdpoo fertiliser at the wrong address, came back and dropped a bit.
you need a trailcam because now we need to know.

they like you Harry, see you watching them out the window and look back in themselves when you are out. they are trying to communicate with the apemen and what else do they have to offer as a gift? maybe they also see the plants on the windowsill could do with a feed.

could just be a neighbour's chooks sheltered in your porch for a while?
or the courier left four sacks of birdpoo fertiliser at the wrong address, came back and dropped a bit.
you need a trailcam because now we need to know.

Genuinely one or two bits, and its ok, pheasant, partridge, whatever, but two tennisball's worth???? |8.|

Its partridge poop...
But I am still baffled that there was so much of it.
We found two roosting on the doormat the other evening, with helpful "pellets" to identify them, but only one or two each.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back