• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Travelite V replacement parts? (2 Viewers)

gvpuntorno

Hi all, was wondering if anyone could help me on here...I bought a pair of Nikon Travelite EX / V bins 8 x25 on ebay as a last minute whim and managed to get them for £15. They were listed as in good condition, but when I received them the eyecups rubber sections were missing. Since then the seller has gone dark and despite raising a case i don't think I'm going to get my money back.

My question is, I'd rather see something put to use than thrown away or left to gather dust...I've looked around but was wondering if anyone on here knows where I could get a set of cups other than the manufacturer direct? Or is it not worth my time doing so? Any info / opinion would be appreciated. Thanks, g

Last edited:
Hi,

first of all, welcome to BF!

You might ask Nikon and if you're lucky they still have parts. Other than that you can take measurements and try to get fitting ones off ebay or try some piece of old cycle innertube of the correct diameter and use that.

Joachim

Thanks Joachim - thats great, I'll have a look and see if they still stock... I can't check the adjust on the right eyecup as if its and I think the twist happens deeper into the bins which is why I'm a bit reluctant to spend too much on them, but as a backup pair the inner tube could work well, cheers.

nikon eyecups

Hi all, was wondering if anyone could help me on here...I bought a pair of Nikon Travelite EX / V bins 8 x25 on ebay as a last minute whim and managed to get them for £15. They were listed as in good condition, but when I received them the eyecups rubber sections were missing. Since then the seller has gone dark and despite raising a case i don't think I'm going to get my money back.

My question is, I'd rather see something put to use than thrown away or left to gather dust...I've looked around but was wondering if anyone on here knows where I could get a set of cups other than the manufacturer direct? Or is it not worth my time doing so? Any info / opinion would be appreciated. Thanks, g

Firstly try Nikon UK
Nikon Uk Ltd
380 Richmond Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey. KT2 5PR

The spares department is open from 9 `til 1

Tel 03301 230 930 option 2
or email [email protected]

Richard action optics

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back