• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Coolpix P900 on a grey day (1 Viewer)

Low light

Pigeon against the light,f6.3...iso200 and behind foliage.Also shot through glass.
I know it's not a great image but it shows the camera can be used to give good detail even in not so favourable conditions.The image has been resized down to 4m pixels.The original image is much more detailed.Even in this lower resolution image detail can be seen in the birds eyelids.Bird was about 40 feet away......i doubt i would have obtained a better image with my dslr and 500mm lens.

Attachments

• rsz_2image.jpg
    rsz_2image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Great! Welcome to the M-club! I like photographing birds because it is a fun mix of knowledge, technique, luck, and art. Eventually the technical aspects become somewhat routine and second nature.

Marc

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back