• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Duovid - Still competitive ? (1 Viewer)

Ingle1970

England
Is it not time Leica updated the Duovid with HD glass, how can it compete with todays alpha's ?.
The price is also against it, edging towards the £2000 mark !.

Come on Leica update this beast !.

Is it not time Leica updated the Duovid with HD glass, how can it compete with todays alpha's ?.
The price is also against it, edging towards the £2000 mark !.

Come on Leica update this beast !.

I agree! Now tell us how they can do it without increasing it's already very high price.;)
Bob

I agree! Now tell us how they can do it without increasing it's already very high price.;)
Bob

Bob

Well now they have started to give cheaper Accessories with some of their binoculars and the closing of milton-keynes service dept, they will have a few Euro's to play with.
Maybe they are planning to move production to China, who knows ?.

To get back to your point though Bob i think you may be right and perhaps its unviable to have a Duovid HD, when you have to pay an arm and a leg for its now dated optics, just how much would it cost to produce the Duovid HD ?.

Maybe they will discontinue it anyway if they are costcutting, which they seem to be doing....

The price is prohibitive on the Duovid, and when the view won't be quite as good as the fixed models it's very understandable why they didn't update it yet, and maybe won't. It's currently a model with several compromises. (weight, price, field of view, ect.) Don't get me wrong, I start to drool when someone says the word "Duovid", but it's not one I'll be buying anytime soon. Make it better, and take back the past two years huge price increases and I'll think about it.

I still love my Duovid and would never sell or swap them for anything:t:
They are as we speak in Germany getting a right good service:t:

I would rate the optics of my duovid 10+15x50
as close, or equal, to my SW 8.5x42 EL (not SV)
but the EL wins on ergonomics and less weight

edj

I love the concept of having an 8 and a 12 in one. Sometimes I carry an 8x32 and a 12x45 but both are Zeiss. Together they probably weigh about the same as the Duovid. I too would like a pair of these of I win the lottery. right now though the bin that has my attention from Leica is the 12x50, got some time with it thanks to the guys at Cameraland and it really is nice.

I still love my Duovid and would never sell or swap them for anything:t:
They are as we speak in Germany getting a right good service:t:

Just like to add, my bins are back:t: and they are new! No i think that they are! or where my bins not well for longer than i thought? (or my eyes) i am over the moon with them :smoke:

Thanks Leica

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back