• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Corpus Christi, TX, USA (1 Viewer)

Katemail13

Southeastern Utah, USA
You folks here on this forum are amazingly efficient, and I appreciate every ID! I have another one for you.

Who are the long-billed fellows near the center of the photo? They were in Corpus Christi, TX in January this year. I love all the water birds here!

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Shore_CC_11.jpg
    Shore_CC_11.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 152
The numbers of birds were incredible! So many species! I live in SE Utah, and all I see all winter are Sparrows and Juncos (with a few others mixed in there). Visiting family in South Texas is a beautiful thing!

Attachments

• Birds_1.jpg
    Birds_1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 77
Does anyone know how to tell the difference between long and short-billed dowitchers? I am curious what these guys are, as I can add one or the other to my lifelist! :) Thanks for any help.

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between long and short-billed dowitchers? I am curious what these guys are, as I can add one or the other to my lifelist! :) Thanks for any help.

The easiest way is by voice (at least if they cooperate). Short-billed has a relatively mellow multisyllable call (tu-tu-tu) while Long-billed has a sharp single syllable call (keek!).

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back