Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

PS Elements 9 to new system.

Old Sunday 10th February 2013, 14:25   #1
STS

PS Elements 9 to new system.

I recently had my old PC's hard drive put into a newer PC's tower, as a slave drive. I installed PSE 9 on the newer PC's hard drive and by getting it to search under 'Files and Folders' in the old drive, successfully copied across all my photos. At a prompt, I then copied over all associated tags, which seemed to work as when I look at them on the newer drive, the individual images have tags on them. However, none of the many different categories for the tags, e.g., 'Birds', 'Flies' etc. etc., that I used to organise my photos, have appeared in the 'Tags' section on the right. So I'm left with 5,000 plus photos and one huge, long list of tags on the right. Not much use for finding things, then.

Any ideas gratefully received; I can't really believe that this is meant to happen. Would it have worked out better if I'd copied my images from my back-up DVDs, which I suppose I could do if I were to delete and repeat?

TIA, Thomas
Old Monday 11th February 2013, 20:11   #2
STS

Put into wrong forum in error. Have now copied this to the correct area.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: