• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Video making gear suggestions for Kruger (1 Viewer)

Sbiriguda

Hello,
in a trip to Kruger my main interest would be photography also because I don’t have specific equipment for videomaking and I have a limited budget due to previous expenses for the trip. My gear right now is:

1) Nikon D3100 that anyway mostly will have a 150-600 mm lens I will remove very seldom to avoid problems with dust and similar
2) Canon Powershot 60 SH
3) Iphone 6s
4) Iphone Xr
5) Go Pro Hero 6 black (the only device with 4k video)
6) Boya BY-MM1 external mic with “deadcat” for wind noise canceling

I could consider borrowing from friends or renting video equipment if it’s not very expensive… perhaps a bridge camera like Panasonic FZ1000 or others

I also have a question on to shoot videos in Kruger. For the camera mostly I will use a bean bag mounted on a car window. For videos I guess I would something very stable
What do you use? A car mobile phone mount for iphone to keep it still? A specific mount to be used on a car window like the bean bag? In Kruger going out of the car and using a tripod is mostly forbidden, with some exceptions
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back