• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Simon Barnes New Book (1 Viewer)

pstraughan

I heard a review on the radio of Simon Barnes's new book which I think is called the Bad Birdwatcher's Companion. I hope it is as amusing as his last book How to be a Bad Birdwatcher. Family please note - birthday and Christmas coming up!

Pat

pstraughan said:
I heard a review on the radio of Simon Barnes's new book which I think is called the Bad Birdwatcher's Companion. I hope it is as amusing as his last book How to be a Bad Birdwatcher. Family please note - birthday and Christmas coming up!

Pat

I did an Amazon order this week and tagged it on to it as a bit of an impulse buy, so I'll let you know when I've read it.

HB

A smashing little book and currently only £6 in Waterstones (h/b). Full of little anecdotes it captures Barnses' awe and appreciation at even our most common birds,fifty of which are given their own small chapter.Whilst perhaps aimed at the beginner I found it an interesting and quite beguiling read and the b/w drawings are a charm. I find his enthusiasm infectious and owe him a debt of gratitude...having phased for almost 20yrs I am now having the time of my life thanks to How To Be A bad Birdwatcher If anyone has a friend who is perhaps on the cusp of an interest in birding then get them this book-it might just change their lives!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back