• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for books on "Birds in India", with HINDI name of birds. (1 Viewer)

smiley:)

Hi, all :hi: .

I'm helping my teacher to look for books on birds in India, specifically those with HINDI name besides the common and scientific name of the birds. I'm wondering if I can get any recommendation from here. Thanks a lot.

Thanks Katy for the advice on the right place to post this request ;) .

smileyyyyyyyyyy :)

smiley:) said:
Hi, all :hi: .

I'm helping my teacher to look for books on birds in India, specifically those with HINDI name besides the common and scientific name of the birds. I'm wondering if I can get any recommendation from here. Thanks a lot.

Thanks Katy for the advice on the right place to post this request ;) .

smileyyyyyyyyyy :)

"The Birds of India" by Salim Ali and published by the Bombay Natural History Society has the Hindi names of the birds, but these are only presented as phonetic pronunciations and don't use actual hindi characters.

I suggest that you also make enquiries through the Delhi Birders web site http://www.delhibird.net/

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back