• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beira Mar Hotel, Goa (1 Viewer)

Gashead said:
Does anyone have their email address? Thanks.

Fantastic grub at this place.....the chef Ali Baba (that's his real name!) is fantastic. Also some knockout vegetarian dishes, the best.

I stayed there a month ago. Try for a room at the back block (unless you like the live music, each night, around the front pool) and keep an eye out for the Brown Fish Owl that flies through the grounds.

Edit - sorry don't have their Email address, but had to post a positive report!!

Edit again, six hours later - Sorry about this, but got completely the wrong hotel!!! I was referring to the Ronil Beach, just around the corner which has better rooms and food (in my opinion that is, and I've been three times).....though the Beira Mar has better outlook for birding, from its 'famous' balcony (good for Chestnut Bittern, Ruddy-breasted Crake, Greater Painted-Snipe).

Last edited:
I stayed at the Beira Mar in 1998; the rooms were a bit grotty, and the food not so great. However, the marshes arounf the back are great, and Spotted Little Owl was regular in the grounds.
There are far better hotels around Baga - though visitors to the Beira Mar were more than welcome to have a beer whilst looking for the above mentioned species.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back