• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help! Which zoom camera? (1 Viewer)

Hi fellow forumites.

I'm looking for a general purpose camera with a good zoom. I am aware that the Panasonic Lumix TZ series (30,35,40) are good cameras, judging by the reviews, but I've recently seen the Fuji S4800 and S6800. I can't seem to find any decent reviews on the S6800 at the moment, so I wondered if anyone has experience of these cameras and what the general consensus is. I'm by no means an expert when it comes to photography, but it gives me a good excuse to get out and about.

This is the Fuji S6800:

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n130130_01.html

Thanks

Al

Al,

The problem with reviews is that the reviewers are photographers, not birders, and are reviewing from that standpoint. Check out the long running threads on the Canon SX 50 on the Canon subforum, the HS 50 on this one, and the FZ 200 (and FZ 150) on the Panasonic subforum. Read the threads asking yourself the question "Does this camera fit MY needs."

Will

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back