• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brinvale Bird Foods (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know if Brinvale is reliable? I ordered seedhearts and suet blocks on the 18th for next day delivery and they have still not arrived. I have emailed them three times now and alse messaged them on Facebook Messenger and have had no reply. I also phoned them but nobody picked up (it was just gone 5pm though)

I don't want to overreact here but one of the reasons I ordered from them was for next day delivery and it is now the 21st.

Should I be concerned? Is this typical for them or an aberration?

Does anyone know if Brinvale is reliable? I ordered seedhearts and suet blocks on the 18th for next day delivery and they have still not arrived. I have emailed them three times now and alse messaged them on Facebook Messenger and have had no reply. I also phoned them but nobody picked up (it was just gone 5pm though)

I don't want to overreact here but one of the reasons I ordered from them was for next day delivery and it is now the 21st.

Should I be concerned? Is this typical for them or an aberration?

well someone from that company was on here a few days ago spamming, pretending to be happy customers rather than the company owners.

Deceit such as that doesn't inspire confidence :eek!:

good luck.

OK, as the 19th century rustic saying goes I've been to town and seen the whale, but a wild bird food scam is something completely new to me. Is there indeed nothing on earth that is sacred?

Have been ordering from Brinvale for a couple of years now and generally they are very reliable. I try to order at the beginning of a week. The only time an order failed to turn up they sent out a replacement.
Since they use Parcelforce you should be able to track your order.

Rob

Thanks Edenwatcher. I ordered last Wednesday so it should have gotten here on Thursday. They never sent me any tracking information so I cannot track the order.

In the end I have had to buy some locally... which is a shame because the quality of supermarket or garden centre food can vary quite a lot.

Is it possible they have changed hands and customer service has suffered?

I last ordered a couple of weeks ago. I notice that their website design has changed a little in that time. I normally get an email from Brinvale when the order is placed, then an email from Parcelforce later the same day. It sounds as if you didn't get the latter. It could be that they have changed courier (for the worse!).

Rob

Well it seems the package was despatched and signed for.... but having left the first two lines of mny address of the address label it only made it to the postcode. Eventually found it but it would have been so much better if they had replied to my emails and kept me in the loop. But it seems they had people on holiday last week.

Once I had managed to get hold of them they did respond fairly well and I even have a nice freebie as an inducement to order from them again.

as you say, shame it wasnt handled better but at least it is explained reasonably. thanks for letting us know.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back