• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

pictures through binoculars- new device? (1 Viewer)

krizmitch

hi,
I think instead of $2500 camera+binoc unit from Swarovski we can do better for our junior birders.

the best use of this proposed combo is to make "record shots" in the field, so the new birder can come home and ponder the pics later while looking at internet and bird books.

A wifi boroscope is cheap(40), and takes pretty amazing pics-through a tiny sensor. It uses a rechargeable unit armed with local wifi (ie, NO internet needed) and the sensor and wifi sends the pictures to your smartphone. Ie, the pictures are stored just like normal pictures on your phone.

I think a wifi boroscope (look it up on amazon) could be adapted pretty easily for shooting through a binocular.

beginners could get started with $100 binocs and a $40 add on.

Please weigh in here! I am uploading a crude prototype inserted in a small bin and same unit in a larger bin.

Criticism welcome. Silence would be awful.;)

thanks
K
New Orleans

Attachments

• Mock up Large binoc with unit inserted 1280x1280.jpg
    Mock up Large binoc with unit inserted 1280x1280.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Mockup Small binoc with unit 1280x1280.jpg
    Mockup Small binoc with unit 1280x1280.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 58
Dear Jerry,

So excited to see this product! Exactly on point.

Many, many thanks for this important and relevant lead.

Definitely still working on this project.

Appreciate the encouragement and assistance very much.

regards,
K
New Orleans

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back