• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A couple of frogs for i.d help please - Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

davetheman

Hi,

I'm in need of help with i.d's on a couple of frogs from Costa Rica please.

Both were taken in the grounds of Evergreen Lodge, in Tortuguero National Park, in Limon province (on the Atlantic coast) in mid November this year.

The first was about 3 ft up a small sapling and I suspect it may be a Common Dink Frog (Diasporus diasterna), although I can't rule out that it may be a neonate of a larger species. There were definitely dink frogs calling from the locality, although this one refused to vocalise in my company.

The second was much larger, and was about 10ft above ground. A lot of the tree frogs have a very similar appearance, but I think it may be Smilisca puma, based mainly on the colour of the iris.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Common_Dink_Frog-0495.jpg
    Common_Dink_Frog-0495.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • FrogA4-0646.jpg
    FrogA4-0646.jpg
    761.9 KB · Views: 21
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back