• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

10x42 swrarovision rolling ball and eye cups (1 Viewer)

I led a Dawn Chorus walk today on an old country estate and ancestral home beside where I live. (I don't live in an ancestral home nextdoor, I live in a suburban housing estate built on lands formerly belonging to it;)).
I brought my SV's and my ED50, so that participants without binos could have a look at the birds we found. We had 27 species on a grey, dull slightly drizzly morning, including Little Grebes swimming to-and-fro across a lake. About ten people used my SV's to see the Grebes, panning left and right. All commented on the birds, most commented favourably on the view through the binos, and none noticed RB. I'm not suggesting it isn't there, it is, but I can only see it if I want to. I daresay I would never have noticed it had I not learned of it on BF.
This is entirely in contrast to a feature like CA. Long ago, as a kid using cheap binoculars, I could see CA. I didn't know it had a name, and I didn't know it varied in different models of binocular. Now I know what it is, and what causes it (thanks to BF contributors), I avoid binoculars that have too much of it.

Sancho I didn't realize you still had an ED50, I thought you had sold it. So this is how you were able to let go of the ED50 you still had at least one.;)

Sancho I didn't realize you still had an ED50, I thought you had sold it. So this is how you were able to let go of the ED50 you still had at least one.;)

Long story of obsession and regret, Steve - missed the one I sold, got a great deal from BF and Astroforum members on both 2nd-hand ED50 body and a 20x ep, these ones I keep! (I think)

I understand why you regret, better keep this one.:) I haven't been anywhere to try the new Swarovisions yet, I know I will love them.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back