• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monopods, Walking stick (1 Viewer)

ROMANICHEL

This winter doctor found me a lung cancer, I am going through treatment and thing are going well, problem is with walking, I run out a breath easy, I have a walking stick and that help a great lot, now what I would like, would be a good and solid monopod that could also be used as a walking stick, and a stand for my camera and binocular. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Mike

Gitzo do a Monotrek which I think has a ball socket for cameras etc. Gitzo Monopod GM1130MT
Not cheap but I assume well made, I have a Gitzo conventional monopod which I like a lot.
Very sorry to learn of your illness and wish you a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Gitzo do a Monotrek which I think has a ball socket for cameras etc. Gitzo Monopod GM1130MT
Not cheap but I assume well made, I have a Gitzo conventional monopod which I like a lot.
Very sorry to learn of your illness and wish you a speedy recovery.
Thank you Robert, not cheap but well made, the monotrek sells in Canada for $209.00 on sale for $139.00 cad, so maybe a From me to me Birthday gift. 3:)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back