• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why 8x32 are replacing 8x42 (2 Viewers)

Choices were very limited for me last summer when I was looking to try and buy a mid-size 8x at a local B&M. Tons of options for 8x42 and even more for 10x42. The 30mm Nikon Monarch 7 and Swarovski Companion CL were my only mid tier options. The Leica UV+ 8x32 were also available locally, but a little more cash than I was looking to spend.

I suppose now you know what is the most used and best all around, and that is the 42mm size.

Most binocular users can handle a standard 42 size with its advantages of
easier view, brighter and is often offered with better optics.

Most users are able to handle the weight of the 42mm size with pleasure.;)

Jerry

My Nikon EII 8x30 seem to my eyes equally as bright as my other 8x42 (or 8.5x44) binoculars so I can't agree that the 42MM objective has a real advantage in decent daylight situations.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back