• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

optricon Verona bga hd (1 Viewer)

warren30

hi guys I have just purchased these bin's after lots of testing others these were outstanding better then the others I tried hawkes bushnells etc.the colour and brightness is superb.great bin for under £400.I would recommend others to try them,price has been reduced too

Hi Warren, I tested these last week and was really impressed with them. Nice clear view, smooth focus and great ergonomics. I found the 8x32 my favourite with a nice fov and they fit my hands perfectly. If I hadn't an 8x33 I would of got a pair.

Cheers,

Ger.

they were amazing best I tried easy,the guy in my local shop let me try a secondhand 7x32 swarvoski after too they were nice but the Verona matched it,the swarvoskis were few years old had great fov thou they were dearer then veronas second hand.I used them yesterday down hayle estuary and even more impresses plus it was cloudy,wasn't sure to get 8x 10x thou.

I too have just purchasd this model from Sherwoods and must also agree that they are a very good pair of sub £400 binoculars. I tried a pair of £1400 leicas at the same time and although I could detect a difference, NO WAY was it a £1000 worth IMHO.
I'm well pleased with them.
Andy

I too have just purchasd this model from Sherwoods and must also agree that they are a very good pair of sub £400 binoculars. I tried a pair of £1400 leicas at the same time and although I could detect a difference, NO WAY was it a £1000 worth IMHO.
I'm well pleased with them.
Andy

hi andy I'm glad you like them I have given them good test now can't fault them,I tried them next to swarvoskis which he has second hand couldn't notice lot of diffrence,like you said not £1000 worth,Im surprised you didn't get them from southwest optics in truro,I see you are from cornwall like me.
Just waiting to compare them against the optricin ed's now

Do they have a lockable dioptre adjustment ? They appear to be the sme binocular as the Vanguard Endeavour which I am considering ..check my post on the forums.

Do they have a lockable dioptre adjustment ? They appear to be the sme binocular as the Vanguard Endeavour which I am considering ..check my post on the forums.

Hi Caslad,

No lockable dioptre adjustment on the Verano HD, however its not needed because the dioptre will not move unless your adjusting it purposely.

They are not the same binocular. In fact they are not even made in the same country, with the Vanguard Endeavour being made in China (Chinese ED) and the Opticron Verano HD being made in Japan.

Rob

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back