• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Springwatch 2019 (1 Viewer)

Ian Bell

Supporter
Scotland
Has anyone heard anything about Springwatch 2019 ? As we are now Into the second week of May,I thought there would have been some kind of news release by now.

As it is in the Cairngorms you are only allowed to watch it through the monitors at Loch Garten and are advised not to look for it elsewhere even using public access tracks.

John

Normally Springwatch starts towards either the last or second last week of May going into early June and lasts for 3 weeks and normally we’ve heard an announcement by now of the date that Springwatch starts for 3 weeks, which I find most unusual with no announcements from the BBC about the date Springwatch starts.
Ian.

That's why I popped on here.....folk were asking if there was one on twitter and nobody knew and nobody at the official Springwatch twitter site was saying owt either! :smoke:

I've just checked the latest copy of BBC Wildlife magazine (with the tigress Noor on the cover) and in the tv section it says Springwatch is back on tv from the Cairngorms on Monday 27th May on BBC2 :t:

I've just checked the latest copy of BBC Wildlife magazine (with the tigress Noor on the cover) and in the tv section it says Springwatch is back on tv from the Cairngorms on Monday 27th May on BBC2 :t:

That's great thanks, also noticed Lolo is pictured next to the presenters on the website.

Just seen an update on Facebook :t: (I only have it for a few wildlife groups and BirdWatching magazines My 200 Bird Year Group o:)

YES TEAM! 😍SPRINGWATCH IS BACK! 🎉🦊🌲💚

Coming to you LIVE from the Cairngorms on Monday 27th May with FOUR 90-minute shows starting at 7:30pm on BBC Two, then back to our usual one hour shows for the following two weeks - Monday 3rd to Thursday 13th of June! 😍

See you soon! 💚#Springwatch

I’ve just been checking the BBC’s EPG re Springwatch 2019 coverage starting next Monday and sadly there appears that there will be no live streaming of wildlife on Springwatch 2019 according to the BBC red button service and nothing on the BBC Springwatch website about any live streaming in 2019 on Springwatch either. It appears that now the cuts at the BBC are now starting to affect Springwatch in a very big way, just as there have been no live streaming on Autumnwatch and Winterwatch for the last few years, and now it looks as though it’s not going to be available on Springwatch in 2019, which I find very sad if true. I’ve asked the BBC is this is true as I suspect. I hope I’m wrong.
Ian.

I’ve just been checking the BBC’s EPG re Springwatch 2019 coverage starting next Monday and sadly there appears that there will be no live streaming of wildlife on Springwatch 2019 according to the BBC red button service and nothing on the BBC Springwatch website about any live streaming in 2019 on Springwatch either. It appears that now the cuts at the BBC are now starting to affect Springwatch in a very big way, just as there have been no live streaming on Autumnwatch and Winterwatch for the last few years, and now it looks as though it’s not going to be available on Springwatch in 2019, which I find very sad if true. I’ve asked the BBC is this is true as I suspect. I hope I’m wrong.
Ian.
I was gutted they scrapped Unsprung

I was gutted they scrapped Unsprung

It’s not the BBC’s fault, but the TV Licence was frozen for 5 years and the licence fee increases over the last few years have been nominal and whether one likes increases or not, that was the start of why the BBC have had to make cuts in programming everywhere. I dont have much money, but I would have been willing to pay a much higher increase for the TV Licence fee and I don’t think BBC should have ever had the TV Licence frozen for 5 years. As now the BBC is unable to compete with it's other main free to air TV commercial rivals.
Ian.

Parts of it being filmed in Japan......to show Spring migration from other countries I understand.

I really hope that's right, it's about time for a more expansive range outside the uk. It would also be good to see migration from other hotspots in Europe & the WP.
The usual format has been very stale for a few years now.

It seems that Springwatch has been cut to just 2 weeks this year, from been 3 weeks in previous years. Sad to see that happen. The good news is that the live streaming is actually now able to watch, but just from the BBC Springwatch website for 15 hours a day. For some reason it’s definitely not available to watch via the BBC Red Button. You would have to have a smart TV with internet available through your TV, which I haven’t got at present and it seems you can’t transfer the live webcams through chromecast on to a TV. All these changes are probably because of the general cuts through programmes at the BBC sadly.
Ian

Ian, Where are you seeing it's only on for 2 weeks.

Gill's post above was copied from their FB page, which said the programmes this week would be 1½ hours this week then 1 hour programmes for the following 2 weeks.

I cant seen anything in FB to change that?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back