• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden bird list- UK (1 Viewer)

Nature__lover

bird species that have entered the garden since april (which is when I begun birding)

Blackbird
Starling
House Sparrow
Robin
Greenfinch
Goldfinch
Goldcrest
Chaffinch
Blue tit
Coal tit
Great tit
Long-tailed tit
Magpie
Collared dove
wood pigeon
Dunnock
Garden warbler
Song Thrush
Wren
Siskin

and my general birding list (not just in the garden)
is all of those birds above, plus:

Willow warbler
Bullfinch
tree-creeper
pheasant
green woodpecker
red grouse
skylarks (I think)
pied wagtail
wigeon duck
mute swan
mallard duck
moorhen
coot
tufted duck
herring gull
swift
swallow
blackcap
canada goose
greylag goose
carrion crow
sparrowhawk
grey heron

and that is about it-I think...
sadly I have seen no nuthatches,redpolls,waxwings or kingfishers yet! :-( those are the birds I mainly want to see.

what do you think of my list!

There are some great birds you have seen! (siskin, red grouse, Bullfinch, tree creeper)
You should try and get to a local reservoir or estuary, there you will see lots of new fantastic birds like red-shank, cormorant, ringed plover etc.
Good luck!

Over the moon!!!!!!!!!!!! just went for a walk and saw two new birds I have ALWAYS wanted to see. TWO nuthatches and FOUR redwings!!!!! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back