• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ATS 80HD focussing (1 Viewer)

Nick k

I've just purchased one of these with the 25 x 50 zoom eyepiece.
After a few days use I'm finding the focussing incredibly sensitive, i.e. too sensitive. Seems a very fine line between being in and out of focus.
Anybody else find this?

I've had the same setup for about a year. I would agree the balance between accuracy and speed errs towards the latter in this scope and getting sharp focus needs delicate adjustment. You may find it's a bit easy after you've used it a bit and the mechanism becomes a bit smoother.

Interesting to get your replies, thanks.
And to have confirmed that the Swarovski focus is very fine and sensitive. I've been used to the double focus wheel of Leica in the past which feels quite different.
I'll hope to get used to the Swarovski….

Further to my previous comment, was using a friends Zeiss yesterday alongside my own Swaro. It has double speed focussing and I didn't like it. I think it's just a question of 'shock of the new' Nick, you'll think it's fine after a month or two.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back