• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A long wait... (1 Viewer)

El Annie

Phew..............
Having now completed the building of the greenhouse hubbie finally got round to setting up pod and camera in said green house ready to take some piccies of the birds that visit our feeders which are positioned close buy.
Usually I can sit in the GH and watch to my hearts content and they are never put off but I guess today they just new something was wrong!! Al particularly wanted to photograph the nut hatches, they had been around at lunch time..... he waited.....and waited...... and waited....and finally gave up after about 2hrs lol. On visitng the garden at tea time guess what was on the seed feeder........

(hehehe) El Annie o:D

As they say you can but 'try, try and try again' ;)

BTW are you NY Moors way or more the Dales ?

I was just wondering in respect of whether you'd seen / heard anything of the influxes of Crossbills that seem to keep putting in a brief appearence around the Osmotherly area. I'd really like to get to see them this year and would appreciate any news you may come across.

Ian I live in a small town that is described as 'the gateway to the dales', about 11 miles from Leyburn and 20 ish from Hawes/Aysgarth. Think I mentioned to you before that I am lucky enough to have a nature reserve right on my doorstep and there are trillions of birds there, I do not know if crossbills are visiting but I will try and find out for you.

El Annie :)

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back